Friday, August 2, 2013

My Routine

If someone told me a year ago that I'd be getting up at 4am to exercise, I would have thought they were either crazy or had me confused with some sort of fitness freak.

It didn't start out like that. I used to get up at 6am, barely in time to be at work by 7. Then, in November 2012, Weight Watchers launched the ActiveLink device. I plan to do a full review on that later. In short, it seriously motivated me to increase my activity.

I started my simply getting up 5 minutes earlier and walking 5 minutes on my treadmill. That's it. Just 5 minutes. Which became 10, then 15, and so on.

As soon as I hit 20-25 minutes, I figured I may as well take one of the dogs out for a walk instead of walking on the treadmill. All three were overcome with joy.

Bandit, showing his joy.
Nowadays, I try and go at least three miles. I use the RunKeeper app on my phone to keep track of distance, pace, and time. This is a great app. If you do outside walking or running, I highly recommend looking in to it. Here's an actual screenshot of the walks RunKeeper has tracked for me.



When I get home from my walk around 5:30am, I take a quick shower, get dressed, and make breakfast. I've been having an egg white omelet with mushrooms, spinach, cheese, and salsa. Yummers!

Then I'm off to work! Where I sit on my butt all day.:( I try and get up to talk to people and move around which makes my ActiveLink very happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment