Friday, November 1, 2013

Dr. Scholl's Active Series Review

I received these Dr. Scholl's Active Series Insoles complimentary from Influenster.com for my opinion and review.

I really, really wanted to like these. I've been very consistent this past year about exercising daily. I am up to over 5 miles per day, which I'm rather proud of. My heels had begun to cause me pain so I was hoping these Dr. Scholl's Active Series Insoles would help alleviate that.






You're supposed to completely take out the insoles that come standard with your shoes and replace them with the Dr. Scholl's Active Series Insoles. Unfortunately, I threw my original insoles away.



The first walk I took in these, I thought they were just ok. They definitely didn't make me go "Wow! It's like I'm walking on clouds!"

After weeks of repeated use, my knees, shins, AND feet were all crying out in pain whenever I walked. At first, I just thought I was overdoing it. But then, I switched to some different running shoes. Pain gone. So the only thing I can imagine is that these Dr. Scholl's Active Series Insoles were causing the pain in my legs! I start using them--pain starts. I stop using them--pain stops almost immediately. I've been back in my other running shoes for a week now and my knees, shins, and feet are still doing well.

Therefore, I can not recommend that you buy these insoles. I just recommend a good pair of running shoes!

2 comments:

  1. Getting custom insole is the way to go.. expensive but some insurances help cut that cost big time. Non of these store one fit my foot right ive tried them all and they in most cases made my feet hurt worse..good luck! I feel your foot pain. I wear nothing but new balance shoes with my custom inserts now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Since posting this, I got professionally fitted and it's made a huge difference in my jogs as well as for my feed and knees!

      Delete